Translate

Friday, December 15, 2006

A little off topic pondering

As I wandered along Kyiv's main street, Khreshchatyk, a melody popped
into my head. I had to stop and wonder for a moment where it was from,
then I remembered. It was a tune done by a band called the Hidden
Persuaders, and written by its front man Waymon Boone. In the early
1990s, a friend of mine was a drummer of theirs and most of the guys in
the band lived at his mother's place.

Later the band transformed into a band called Splender and a couple of
years ago when back in Montreal I saw Waymon, but today I started to
wonder what was up with the guy. I did a little bit of googling, and
found out that Waymon now has a new band called Headrush based out of
Sacramento California. Who knows maybe it is time to think about
bringing Headrush to Ukraine!



No comments:

Post a Comment