Translate

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Something I missed...

Before the Christmas rush there was a CD I missed! How I missed it, I'm not sure, but I did! If you ever followed "Vopliv Vidoplasova", particularly up until the end of the 1990s, the name Yevhen Rohachevsky may ring a bell, he was a guitarist with the group up until 1998.

In November Rohachevsky released his solo album called Yitsiy Aun on Moon Records. In fact he had so much material the CD is a double set with 14 tracks on the first CD and 25 on the second with nearly one hundred minutes of music.

While I haven't picked up the double CD set I did get a chance to take a listen to some of the samples available at www.umka.com.ua and all I can say that this stuff is a tad more than a little retro, but the samplers have teased me enough that I just may go out and pick up the album for a closer listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment