Translate

Saturday, July 4, 2009

A little comic relief

Lloyd Goodfellow was my maternal grandfather. There isn't much about him on the net but from what I know he was one hell of a checker player. I even have a few books in Montreal written by some professor a Sir George Williams University, in which he is mentioned. Many of you probably have never heard of Sir George Williams University. It's now Concordia University in Montreal. From what I know there were times that he made more money playing checkers professionally than he did at his job at Northern Electric the predecessor to Nortel, which is now just about buried.

When I was about 12 years old, my mother asked her father, "Dad, how is it that we were Protestant/Presbyterian and we had 8 kids in the family... My grandfather, had a great answer! "You know dear, I was away a lot playing checkers, and when I came home, I would hang up my pants and that's what happened!"

No comments:

Post a Comment