Translate

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Getting caught in the smoke

On Tuesday morning I woke up and went to the kitchen to put on some water for my morning tea. I could definitely smell something burning but I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I looked out the window and saw smoke billowing out of a neighboring building. I guess it was just another missed opportunity.

Well it turns out that Dymna Sumish has finished the work on the second album entitled U Svit Ilusii and celebrated their hard work with a concert at the New Bochka on Bohdana Khmelnytskoho on Monday night. Not that it would have been a good idea for me to drag my sick body out of bed that night to go see the show.

Dymna Sumish recorded their first album after winning the Chervona Ruta Festival in 1999 entitled Ty Zhyvyj.

I had caught the band perform at a number of different gigs around Kyiv from 2000 through 2004 but haven't seen them for a while... All I can remember is that they have some drive... Check them out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment